Alert Message: Anyone, 6 months of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
WARNING: Site will be down from 8-12PM CT.
ILogin is now required to access your account. Create your login now to keep your IDES account secure!
Labor Market Information
Labor Market Information includes employment statistics, unemployment statistics, job forecasts, wages and demographic characteristics. IDES collects, analyzes and disseminates these data in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and Employment and Training Administration (ETA), and with the U.S. Census Bureau.
Click on the links below for more Labor Market Information:
- Business Employment Dynamics
Set of statistics generated from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages that help to provide a picture of the dynamic state of the labor market.
Career Information System (CIS)
IDES offers all Illinois residents a variety of comprehensive, free-of-charge career exploration tools to help learn about the world of work, choose a career path and explore education and training.
Provides a picture of the County-to-County Worker flow chart.
Current Employment Statistics (CES)
Produces payroll job estimates of Illinois and metro area non-farm industries.
Provides short-term and long-term employment projections for both industries and occupations.
Help Wanted Online (HWOL) Reports
Compiles job ads from online job boards, newspapers and aggregator sites and tallies the hottest job opportunities by region each month.
- Illinois Labor Market Review
Publication: Online journal providing workforce and labor market analysis and information.
- Illinois Virtual Labor Market Information - The Illinois Virtual Labor Market Information System interactively delivers labor market and occupational information and resources, such as local area profiles, industry employment trends, largest employers, average wages, population and employment data, available by geographic area including counties, metropolitan areas, and local workforce areas.
- Labor Market and Career Information Publications
A collection of useful Labor Market and Career Information publications.
- Labor Surplus Areas - A "Labor Surplus Area" (LSA) must have an average unemployment rate at least 20 percent above the average rate for all States. Labor Surplus Areas are used to direct Federal procurement contract money to areas where people are in the most severe economic need.
Legislative District Dashboard
The Dashboard contains information on Illinois claimants for regular (non-Federal) unemployment insurance benefits. The reports are organized by legislative district and feature claimant information by education, age, and military status.
Learn More Earn More
Publication: Highlights occupations expected to provide the most job openings each year organized by education and training requirements.
Licensed, Certified & Registered Occupations in Illinois
Provides information about occupations that are regulated in some way by many state boards, commissions, and agencies.
Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
Develops monthly and annual estimates of the labor force, employed, unemployed and the unemployment rate for the State
Local Employment Dynamics (LED)
Information about local workforce and labor market conditions covering more than 90% of total wage and salary civilian jobs. OnTheMap is a mapping and reporting application that shows the travel patterns of workers and identifies the workforce characteristics of local areas.
Mass Layoff Statistics (MLS)
Federal-State initiative that identifies, describes and tracks large job cutbacks, reports mass layoffs and closures in Illinois.
Monthly Employment and Unemployment Press Releases
The Illinois Employment Situation: Statewide and metro area employment and unemployment press releases.
- Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages (QCEW) - Produces comprehensive quarterly counts of employment and wages for workers covered under Unemployment Insurance programs.
- Targeted Employment Areas/EB-5 Visa Program - Questions and answers about the Federal EB-5 immigrant visa program and Targeted Employment Areas in Illinois.
- UI Program Data
Provides data collected on individuals currently applying for and those receiving Unemployment Insurance.
- Wage Information - Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics (OEWS) - Information on entry level, median, and experienced hourly (and annual) wages is available for Illinois, the Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs), Economic Development Regions (EDRs), counties and the Local Workforce Innovation Areas (LWIAs).
- Where Workers Work - Private sector employment totals for six northeastern Illinois counties, major communities in each of these counties, and ZIP codes within the City of Chicago.
Necessary data to complete Affirmative Action compliance, or EEO reports. Available for all counties and Metropolitan Statistical Areas.
- Division of Professional Regulation, Illinois Dept. of Financial and Prof. Reg
- Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE)
- Illinois Community College Board (ICCB)
- Illinois Department on Aging
- Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS)
- Illinois P-20 Council
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Illinois workNet