Alert Message: Anyone, 6 months of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
WARNING: Site will be down from 8-12PM CT.
ILogin is now required to access your account. Create your login now to keep your IDES account secure!
Certify for Benefits
What to Know Before Certifying
Regular Unemployment Certification Timeline:
- The best way to complete your certification is online from 3:00am - 7:30pm on your designated certification day, including holidays.
- Thursdays and Fridays are make-up days if you miss your certification day.
- You may also certify by Tele-Serve at (312) 338-4337 (3:00am - 7:30pm, Monday - Friday).
All new and existing claimants must create an ILogin account.
Certify Online Here:
Note: PUA, PEUC, and EB expired in September. Read about the expired federal programs or refer to the FAQs for more info.
Avoid Common Mistakes
Maintain your eligibility for current and future unemployment insurance benefits by learning about the following common mistakes.
Examples of UI fraud include situations where an individual:
- Returns to work but continues to collect UI benefits
- Works at a part-time job but does not report their earnings to IDES, thereby collecting more benefits than are allowed
- Works odd jobs while collecting UI benefits but does not report the earnings when certifying
Violators could face:
- Large fines and penalties
- Prison sentences
- Offset against state and federal income tax returns
- Loss of future UI benefits
- Has it been one year since you first filed for benefits? Learn about what happens if your benefit year is ending.
- Learn more about the consequences of fraud.
- View other common mistakes made by UI claimants.
- Learn more about your UI Finding letter.
- Find out about additional services, such as child care, housing, or food assistance.
- Need support with health insurance? Visit Get Covered Illinois.
Note: Any information submitted by you to IDES may be verified through computer matching programs in order to determine your eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits.