Alert Message: Anyone, 6 months of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
WARNING: Site will be down from 8-12PM CT.
Certify for Benefits
What to Know Before Certifying
Regular Unemployment Certification Timeline:
- The best way to complete your certification is online from 3:00am - 7:30pm on your designated certification day, including holidays.
- Thursdays and Fridays are make-up days if you miss your certification day.
- You may also certify by Tele-Serve at (312) 338-4337 (3:00am - 7:30pm, Monday - Friday).
All new and existing claimants must create an ILogin account.
Certify Online Here:
Avoid Common Mistakes
Maintain your eligibility for current and future unemployment insurance benefits by learning about the following common mistakes.
Examples of UI fraud include situations where an individual:
- Returns to work but continues to collect UI benefits
- Works at a part-time job but does not report their earnings to IDES, thereby collecting more benefits than are allowed
- Works odd jobs while collecting UI benefits but does not report the earnings when certifying
Violators could face:
- Large fines and penalties
- Prison sentences
- Offset against state and federal income tax returns
- Loss of future UI benefits
- Has it been one year since you first filed for benefits? Learn about what happens if your benefit year is ending.
- Learn more about the consequences of fraud.
- View other common mistakes made by UI claimants.
- Learn more about your UI Finding letter.
- Find out about additional services, such as child care, housing, or food assistance.
- Need support with health insurance? Visit Get Covered Illinois.
Note: Any information submitted by you to IDES may be verified through computer matching programs in order to determine your eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits.