Skip to main content

Sample Text

Alert Message: Anyone, 6 months of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at

WARNING: Site will be down from 8-12PM CT.

INFORMATION: is a great site to visit.

Test: To check the Global Header

Welcome to the IDES website! How do I know this is official?

ILogin is now required to access your account. Create your login now to keep your IDES account secure!

Furloughed Workers

If you have been temporarily laid off or furloughed, please see the information below about the unemployment insurance process. 

Download this information as a PDF: English | Spanish | Polish | Tagalog | Hindi | Chinese | Arabic

Apply For Benefits

You can apply for benefits (also known as filing a claim) online or by phone. Be on the lookout for your Unemployment Insurance (UI) Finding letter 7-10 days after filing. This letter will contain your weekly benefit amount and the first date you need to certify.

Certify For Benefits

Remember: Certification is how you are paid benefits. On the date indicated in your UI Finding letter, go online and answer the certification questions about your previous two weeks of unemployment. Prepare to report whether you worked and the amount of gross wages earned for each of the past two weeks.

Receive Benefits

2-3 days after certifying for benefits, if you are eligible, payment will be made on your debit card or through direct deposit. You must continue to certify (on the same day of the week indicated in your UI Finding letter) every two weeks as long as you are unemployed to continue receiving benefits.

Am I Able and Available to Work?

When certifying, you will be asked if you are able and available to work. Generally, if a furloughed worker is physically able to perform their job and is just waiting to be called back to work, they can be deemed able and available to work.

When You Go Back To Work

Whenever you certify, you must report if you worked and/or earned wages for each of the last two weeks. If your earnings match or exceed your weekly benefit amount, you are ineligible to receive benefits for that week. If you included a turn-to-work date in your initial claim, you also cannot receive benefits after this date, unless it is updated in your account.

If You Are Separated From Work Again

If you are separated from work again, you must file an Additional Claim as soon as possible. You cannot continue certifying under your previous claim. Click here for more info on additional claims.